Thursday 1 March 2012

New blog

Seem to spend quite a bit of time reading blogs by other people at the moment and finding them quite interesting so thought I would give it a shot.
Riding had taken a back seat over the past few years mainly as a result of moving from Plymouth to Portsmouth. Last year the purchase of a retro Giant Peloton road bike got me back in the saddle with the added enthusiasm for racing again. Did a few of the Wiggle Sportives and was surprised to get some decent times and enjoyed getting back into the 'race' scene again. I found that road riding works well in conjunction with the mountain biking and I'm now riding longer and faster than before. 
I've never been that much [ie not that good!] of an xc racer and I've always enjoyed endurance events so this year I'm throwing myself back into it. So far I've entered the Howies Dyfi enduro, Brighton Big Dog and the Bontrager TwentyFour12 but will more than likely enter some others during the course of year. Hopefully my blogs will provide some interesting reading covering training, kit and the events themselves but we'll see how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the racing. Remember to smile & enjoy it, particularly as you get near the end! :-).

    Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rob. Am normally smiling on the bike. Would've looked better of I hasn't been photographed on a long grassy hill on the SDW!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the racing and just as importantly the blogging!! Blogging can prove as hard as training just stick with it, loads of people give up before even a year goes by. Just remember if you are good to others blogs they will tend to be good back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, I think you're right, blogging will be hard but will give it a good shot!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it although the Forks and brakes are badly in need of an upgrade! Not entirely sure it's sized right either. Quite fancy joining the 29er brigade this year so it may well completely change!

      Delete
    2. Well that comment comes from my love of my own kinesis. You can check it out on my blog www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com. I'm tempted by 29 too but then I also want a Cotic soul. Least I can just change the frame and still have a great bike!

      Delete