Sunday 16 June 2013

I'm not a roadie... but

Given the rubbish weather we've had this year I've spent a lot more time on the road bike saving the Epic from the wintry side effects of the South Downs Way. It was meant to be a means of keeping up the base miles ready for a summer of racing. Little did I know at the time that I would get hooked on it - the speed and ease was awesome.

After my last crit I wanted to upgrade my bike. The Giant was more than sufficient for my purposes but a steel framed bike was a heavy bit of equipment to lug around at those paces so I I started looking at my options. After a lot of research and upping my budget every other hour I ended up choosing a Planet-X RT58. 

As they were pretty new I had a fair wait until it was ready but four weeks later I wasn't disappointed when I took it out of the box. It took a few rides to sort out a comfortable position as the geometry of the Giant was completely different. 

Hopefully over the next year or so I will do it justice with the aim of doing a few road races if I ever gain enough points through the crits. 









No comments:

Post a Comment