Monday 18 December 2017

In the words of Staind 'It's been awhile'

It's been a while since I last posted anything here and I sincerely apologise to both my followers! A lot has changed, my attitude to racing has evolved and racing experience has increased tenfold. 

After years of avoiding joining a team I found myself joining a new team - Racing Club Ravenna. A Chichester based club with some solid members who compete in a variety of disciplines. A lot of my progression is thanks to this team.

At the start of the year my sights were firmly on Twentyfour 12. Last year I was properly chuffed to have come 7th in the 12 hour solo event. One of my best racing results to date despite some major mechanical issues but the thought of top 5 is always an attraction. Training didn't go so well and I want getting the mileage in that I had done in previous years. I was also enjoying racing the road bike with the club with some success in a few races. Illness and injury a few weeks before twenty-four 12 was the final nail in the coffin and I decided against the pilgrimage down west and opted for some cycling in the Pyrenees instead. 

I raced several road races this year. Racing Club Ravenna's own two up time trial was a great success but was absolutely brutal. I did the majority of the Goodwood circuits as well as a few other local grits. A few points were accrued however I fell short for moving up to Cat3. A new addition to the family in the form of a 29er Scott gave the chance to compete in a few xc races.

So what's next? With time constraints from work I've decided the next year will be about the short game. I want to get back to my roots and do more competing in xc races and I have plenty of options with southern xc, Gorricks and some of the nationals. Given I was so close to getting my Cat3 I want to use the experience gained from last season and progress a early in the season as possible.




So that's the plan. In the meantime it's Christmas and the mince pie count is climbing


No comments:

Post a Comment